Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Wow! What a day it's been. First day back at work since starting the blog, and I've managed to get the URL out to half the ophthalmic nurses in Scotland. My thanks to Sharon for sending the glad tidings, and to Mary for having the idea. I've also received my first comment.
I don't mind telling you, I'm terrified! I've announced to the great and the good in nursing society - heck, I even e-mailed the Nursing Standard! I feel the cold weight of expectation. Lets hope with great responsibility comes great power?

A friend of mine mentioned that he was having problems installing a computer system for his company. He'd paid out good money for a less than perfect system! At least it wasn't £20 billion, the estimated final cost of the health service's online booking service for GP surgeries.
How can a computer system cost £20 billion?
£4 billion has already been spent - and the system doesn't work properly. You could buy eight parliament buildings for that money, which could wipe out the NHS defecit at a stroke.
Where's the money going? Computers aren't that expensive.

No comments: