Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What is the highest mountain in the world?

If you said Mt Everest, you're going with the easy answer. It's the highest mountain above sea level, but it's not the answer I'm looking for.
If you said Mauna Kea, you're getting higher. Everest is 8.848km above sea level, but Mauna Kea is over 9km from sea floor to summit. But it's still not the answer I'm looking for.
There is, in fact a mountain, who's summit is 2.1km higher than Everest's. And that mountain is...?
Tune in tomorrow to find out.

(Man, I love cliffhangers)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chimborazo

There is way too much trivia in wikipedia :-)

Mother Jones RN said...

"I love cliffhangers" Moan:-)

That's funny. My boss asked me to come into work today, and I said yes. What was I thinking?

Thank you for putting a smile on my face.