Friday, September 29, 2006

When I'm feeling blue

Is life getting you down?
Are all things going wrong?
Wipe away that frown,
And listen to my song....

Raindrops on noses and whiskers all soggy,
Clothes ripped by roses on days dull and foggy
Soft wormy apples gone mouldy and bad
These are the things that make me sad.

Grumpy old beggars with snotty moustaches
Snowstorms that freeze up my hair and eyelashes
Brown paper envelopes, each with a bill
These are the things that make me ill.

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When the sailors curse
I simply remember that life is no good
And that makes me feel much worse.

Rickety wardrobes with pull-away handles
Slippery sand that seeps into my sandals
Motor-car engines that splutter and choke
These are the things that gie me the boak.

Clouds grey and sleeting on snip-snappy poodles
Pies with no meat in and green soggy noodles
School-dinner custard that's lumpy and thick
These are the things that make me sick.

When the toast falls
On the jam side
And the fat lady sings
I rattle my fist and I write out a list
Of my least favourite things.

1 comment:

beepbeepitsme said...

Hey, don't hold back mate.. ;)