Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Cite for sore eyes

I'm a member of the Royal College of Nurses (RCN) and I get their magazine Nursing Standard delivered every week. In today's edition, on page 12 is a description of 'turtle' suits which restrict movement and senses in order for a younger person to experience what it is like to have some of the ailments that afflict older people. It's a great idea, but one sentence in the article caught my attention:
Nurses elsewhere in the UK have previously tried to replicate the obstacles faced by older people by wearing gauze blindfolds...
That's me folks!
Last year I had an article published in the RCN Ophthalmic Nurses Forum Newsletter which described an exercise I developed for my Ophthalmic Nursing course using gauze eyepads to blindfold people so they could experience what it was like to be blind.
Of course, I've no way of knowing if the writer of the article was actually referring to my article, in fact they probably haven't, but still, the possibility remains. It's given me a little glow anyway and that's the important thing.

No comments: